Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Talking with Author Shiela Stewart

Is the world coming to an end?

For those experience it, this year’s storms have been horrendous. From Earthquakes causing Tsunami’s to tornadoes and flooding, it’s been a crazy time. And the summer has just begun. I live on one of the Canadian prairies where our weather can be stormy during the summer, but it’s rare to get anything massive and destructive. Don’t get me wrong, there are parts of the province that have had tornadoes, and a few years ago we had a storm roll in with plow winds of a 109 km/h that caused a huge amount of damage. I remember this storm well as I was on the phone with my sister when I noticed the huge tree in my front yard was touching the ground. As I hung up I saw the black sky and the strong winds.

Storms terrify me beyond belief. They always have. Here I was, alone with my three young children and sacred shitless.  The storm lasted for hours causing hail, high winds, lightening and heavy rain. When the sun finally came up, I saw the damage. I was in disbelief. It wasn't the first massive storm I’d experienced in my life but like the others, I was terrified.

But what I experienced was nothing in comparison to what has been happening all over the world these past several months. I sit in my safe little piece of the world watching, as parts of the world is flooded, homes demolished, lives shattered. Donations seem so little yet it’s all I can do to help. I was glued to the TV when China was suffering the aftermath of earthquakes and tsunami. Watching as homes were swept away, helpless as people ran for their lives. My heart ached for them, for the families who now had nothing, whose lives would be forever changed.  And it brightened my heart to see how they all came together, worked together, to comfort each other in their most trying time. 

Now, the tornadoes are ripping apart parts of the States leaving behind death and mayhem and again, I watch helplessly. I watch as a woman is interviewed on TV and spots her cherished pet whom she assumed had perished in the storm, wander up to her looking more than a little rough. Through all the destruction, a tiny bit of light pears through the darkness to bring a moment of joy.  


 
Floods are sweeping homes and businesses away, soaking land. Whole communities are gone because of heavy rains flooding an already heavily soaked ground. My province has not been spared by floods. There have been plenty of communities washed away by rising waters.  The South Saskatchewan river that flows through my city is rapidly rising as well.  It seems more and more, lives are being affected by these strange and massive storms and weather related disasters.

And through all this death and destruction I hear people saying that it’s a sign of the end of the world. Is it?  They claimed May 21st would be Judgment Day, yet here we are into June and so far none of the predictions have occurred.  I don’t see the apocalypse happening any time soon…then again…All these storms and strange phenomena might just be a sign. What do you think?

Shiela Stewart is pleased to announce the release of book one of her new demon series. You can find more informaiton HERE or at her website HERE

Awaken the Demon
Book 1 in Demon Series
Decadent Publishing
Paranormal/Fantasy Contemporary Romance

Abused for years by a sadistic fiancé, Missy Green has finally had enough. Running away is her only recourse. Wanting a new life, she takes refuge with a group known as the Stargazers. Taken in by the illustrious Draco Starr, Missy is elated to finally find peace. Yet, something doesn’t seem right about her host.

Born in the pits of hell, Draco Starr was once a fearsome Demon. For centuries, he collected soul s for Satan. Having done his time, Draco sets out to start a new life. Even with more wealth and prestige than anyone could ever want, something is missing in his life.

Love.

Missy is about to have her world turned upside down. Discovering Draco is a demon is terrifying enough, but finding out she too is a demon is more than she can handle.

Can Missy deal with her new life, and the affection she is beginning to feel for Draco, or will her past come back to haunt her?

No comments:

Post a Comment