Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Talking about Pen Names with author Elle Amour


Blog Title: My Nom de Plume, Elle Amour

Thanks, Dawn, for having me. There are many reasons people use a pen name. For me, I wanted to differentiate between my regular action/adventure romances and my erotic ones, but it’s strange. Although this began as a way to connect with readers and let them know it was a certain kind of book, as I started writing these, I’ve actually connected with myself in deeper, more sensual ways. I’ve discovered more about myself, and have actually ‘fleshed out’ this person, Elle Amour. I like it. It’s fun. And it’s a discovery. I love discovering new things, so this, I add to my list. Now, to tell you more about this ‘inner’ me, I’ve copied by bio below, however, if you get a chance, please check out my new website: www.elleamour.com, or my old one for that matter: www.lisefuller.com. I’ll still working on them, adding new things. One of the new things I intend to add is some free reads. One of the characters, Rurik—the hero’s son in CLAIMED, will have a journal. He wants to document his findings because, as an Earther, this whole galaxy thing is new to him and he’s stunned by his revelations.

Yes, the book CLAIMED is an erotic futuristic romance, and the first of an initial three that I have planned. You can check out Dawn’s blog on March 2nd for more on that, but here’s the link to the publisher if you want to read more: http://www.jasminejade.com/ps-8214-50-claimed.aspx. And there’s an excerpt after the bio—a hot (but not too hot) one so beware. I love to hear from readers so email me if you’d like at elle@elleamour.com and let me know what you think!

Elle/Lise
Bio for Elle Amour ~
A woman poised on the edge of discovery. That is who I am. If we watch close enough, we find who we are by what we do. I love to write. I love the alternative worlds that the mind drops into when dreaming. It’s liberating, it’s invigorating. It is an exploration. It’s a creation. I believe in dreams. I believe in the power of dreams to motivate you. Dreaming is a gift. Pursue it, pursue the thoughts, I say to myself. To whatever end. For who knows where the journey will take me? I’ll never know what I can achieve until I garner the courage and take the first step.
So in this, Elle is a woman of discovery, an explorer, an adventurer. Now, I must admit, I developed the nom de plume so that readers will know they’re getting a different kind of book from my others under Lise Fuller. Yes, I still love the action and adventure, and will always have some of that in my works, but as I kept writing as Elle, more things of wonder came to me, and I hope, as you read my works, the same will come to you. As to Elle Amour, the name? I took it from the French—“Elle” for “she” and “Amour” for love. She loves.
That is what I do, who I am. Join me on the journey.
Elle
Book: Claimed, 1st book of the Mate Seekers series
ISBN: 9781419925023
Author: Elle Amour

Excerpt:

Lead In:  Trista's been wounded by Rurik’s enemies and Rurik has taken her to his ship to heal. No one but a trusted few knew where he would be. Rurik knows he has a traitor in his midst and realizes his woman can only be safe with him. Thank the ancestors the healer was not only able to cure Trista's wounds, but was also able to restore the youthful lines of her body. Unfortunately, due to the memory erasing ray he had to use every time he visited her, Trista still believes him a dream. Yet Rurik won’t risk losing her again. He's waited too long. Per the Svendian ritual, Rurik moves to claim Trista as his bondsmate, a practice that concludes with their sexual joining. However, before he takes her, this time she must agree to the union. So how is he going to get her approval if she thinks he isn’t real?

Excerpt:
Trista moaned again and turned toward him. She batted her eyes then peered at the ceiling.
“Hello.” He listened to his voice, knowing it was the translator implant in his body allowing him to speak her language, yet the sounds of the ancients always intrigued him.
She looked at him. “You’re…here again.” Her voice wavered.
He strode to her and sat on the bed. “How do feel?” He fingered the soft strands of her hair.
“I…” Her green eyes narrowed. “Am I dead?”
Her voice grew stronger. Rurik sighed in relief. “Hardly. You’re fully restored. Well, almost. When you’ve rested more, your healing will be complete. There will be nothing wrong with you. Nothing.”
She lifted a brow. “Really?” The word echoed with sarcasm. Then she laughed softly to herself. “Well, this is the most interesting fantasy I’ve had in a while.” She gazed at her naked body then looked at him. “I guess I like to be nude. In my dreams at least. Or is that some condition of yours?”
He pressed his lips together to keep from laughing. “I prefer it.”
“Ah.” She rubbed his leg. A come-on smile graced her lush lips. “This is a dream then, some inner fantasy, because when I’m awake, I certainly try to stay covered as much as possible.”
He wondered why she would hide her luscious body. “You’re not in a dream, woman.” He worked to keep the anguish from his voice, the pain of almost losing her. He caressed the side of her waist then slid his hand across her belly. The lines she’d had there were gone now, one of the effects of full-body restoration. Alaric had said those marks were the ancient signs of childbearing. Good. He knew she’d already had two children. He’d seen them often from a distance. Knowing they’d been there reassured him that his match with her would bring forth a needed heir and people to replenish their clan.
His fingers traversed her rib cage to her breast. The silky feel of her skin made him ache for her. His cock stiffened. He worked to control his breathing. He couldn’t simply take her this time. For one thing, for all intents and purposes she was a virgin again. He wanted her to enjoy their mating.
More importantly, she had to agree to this. He wasn’t about to erase her memory. He needed to mate, bring an heir to life if his sperm could impregnate her. Yet before she could agree, she had to realize this was real, not some dream. There was no going back to her world. Not now. Not when he was this close to the claiming, the ancient rite of choosing a life mate.
With bridled passion, he molded his fingers around her breast, squeezing the mound gently as he slipped them toward her nipple.
Her back arched in pleasure. She lifted her breast to him. Her eyes grew heavy-lidded. “It’s been too long,” she crooned, her voice roughened with desire.
“Too long?” He wasn’t sure what she meant. From all indications she had conjoined with a man many times.
“Too…long since…” Her eyes opened. She stared at him with lust.
He pinched her nipple. She moaned as her lids closed once more.
“Since this?” He licked the peak of her breast as he rolled the knob between his fingers.
“Yes.” Her breathy voice stirred him, made his hard-on throb as the blood filled his organ.
Why had she waited so long for sex? Curious. Still, for some reason her confession pleased him. He wanted to tease her more. “And this?” He pinched her clit and tugged on the flesh.
“Oh!” Her hips shot straight up.
He grinned. “As usual, you are ready for me. Almost.” A sure indication that the fates meant for them to be together.
Panting, she lifted her head. “As usual?”
“Yes.”
She frowned. “Ready for what?”
He arched a brow, amused by her muddled state, one caused by her recent healing and intense sexual reaction. “To fuck you, of course. And complete the claiming ritual.” He slid a fingertip to the entrance of her vaginal canal, stopping before he hit her newly restored hymen.
“Oh,” she purred with seduction, “of course. We’ve done this before.”
“Yes, my lady.” With that he released her and stood to shed his coverings, not able to resist her any longer.
When his member sprang free, she rose on her elbows and smiled. “Thank God I have an imagination. Otherwise I’d never get any sex.”
He wanted to question her about her abstinence but the thought left him as she touched his steel-hard dick. With her last breath, she caressed his rod then placed her lips over the soft flesh of his tip.
By the ancestors. He almost lost his precious semen in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment