Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Colin Farrell on pal Elizabeth Taylor: "I miss her"


Colin Farrell may have seemed like an unlikely guest at Elizabeth Taylor's funeral last week, but the Irish actor and the Hollywood icon were actually good pals.

"How did we become friends? You know, the old story of boy meets girl, and boy pesters girl with too many phone calls at inappropriate hours of the night," Farrell joked to "Access Hollywood." "I was just lucky enough to become her friend in the last year and a half. I adore her … still."

Taylor was also a big fan of Farrell. In an interview published in the March issue of Harper's Bazaar, the movie legend dished about today's crop of leading men. "I love Johnny Depp, and I love Colin Farrell — both brilliant, nuanced actors with great range," she said.

Farrell read the poem "The Leaden Echo and the Golden Echo" at Taylor's funeral and said he was "sad and honored" when a friend of the star called to ask him to be part of the service.

"It was a tricky poem as well," he noted. "Even in passing she had me under the thumb, sweating bricks! … I just miss her; I just miss her; I just miss her."

No comments:

Post a Comment